last modified:2010-02-08 08:04:09
Support the American West Center
Now in its fifth decade, the Center continues be one of the most vibrant intellectual communities at the University of Utah, and one of the foremost public history centers in the nation. Our current work includes -
Expanding our Veterans oral history project to include Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Building a state-of-the-art digital archive for materials related to Utah's Indian tribes (see www.utahindians.org).
- Launching several new oral history projects focused on the history of Polio, Outdoor Recreation, and Environmentalism.
- Continuing to offer our annual Westerns of the World International Westerns Film Festival as part of our larger research emphasis on the "Transnational West."
- Beginning to build a digital archive, based largely on recently completed oral histories, for Utah's Pacific Islander community.
- Continuing to support and improve our award-winning Utah Indian Curriculum Project (see: www.utahindians.org).
- And, as always, training the next generation of community-engaged scholars of the American West.
Your support is crucial to each of these projects. Gifts support student research, community outreach, and projects that span a wide range of disciplinary fields at the University of Utah. If would like to make a contribution, contact us directly at 801.581.7611 or make a secure online donation using the University of Utah Online Giving Form